Terms of Service
Terms of Service
Intellectual Property Rights
The Site and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by Sterling Heights Lions Club, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright and trademark laws.
Use of the Site
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to use the Site:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material which does not comply with the Content Standards set out in these Terms.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Sterling Heights Lions Club, an Sterling Heights Lions Club employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm Sterling Heights Lions Club or users of the Site or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Site, including their ability to engage in real-time activities through the Site.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Site.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Site, or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Site.
- Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack, distributed denial-of-service attack, or any other method.
We reserve the right to terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Site without notice and without liability, for any reason or no reason, including without limitation if you breach any of the terms or conditions of these Terms.
All content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such content. We may not monitor or control the content posted via the Site and, we cannot take responsibility for such content.
Any content that you post, upload, share, or otherwise make available on the Site must comply with the following content standards:
- The content must not be illegal, fraudulent, or deceptive.
- The content must not infringe any third-party’s intellectual property rights.
- The content must not be obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, hateful, or discriminatory.
- The content must not contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other malicious or technologically harmful material.
We reserve the right to remove any content that violates these standards or any other provision of these Terms or that we determine, in our sole discretion, to be otherwise objectionable.
Links to Other Websites
The Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Sterling Heights Lions Club makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Site or the information, content, materials, or products included on the Site. To the full extent permissible by law, Sterling Heights Lions Club disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Sterling Heights Lions Club will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the Site, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and your use of the Site will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms will be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Michigan and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible, and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
Changes to These Terms
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material, we will try to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Site after those revisions
become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Site.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last updated: 1/1/2023Mich